Do you ever wonder why some girls in really stylish outfits do not look as great as other girls who are just wearing tee shirts and jeans? Something seems to be missing. While some might blame it on a bad hair day or a poor combination of outfit, the most usual missing piece of the puzzle most often overlooked is the accessories, which do not just include shoes and bags, but most importantly, jewelries.
Accessories can be worn for different purposes:
- To draw attention to your best points.
- To make your older outfit look trendy.
- To make you feel and look young.
- To achieve the look that you want such as casual, elegant, chic, artistic, sophisticated and others.
- Change the look of a particular outfit if you are attending one event after another. For instance, you can change the look of a casual dress to formal by putting on or changing your accessories.
Being able to put and combine the right accessories is one of the most basic skills that can separate you from ordinary-looking fellows. Once you have mastered this skill, you will be able to look good no matter what you wear. The best thing about accessories is that you can find a wide range of choices at any budget.
If you still don’t know how to properly accessorize, here are some basic tips that you need to know:
- Buy accessories that best reflect your personality. Go for pieces that you are really attracted to or something that you think you might want to wear at any time.
- Proportion is very important. If your outfit is voluminous or big, you have to scale back on your accessories. On the other hand, if your outfit is sleek, you could wear bolder or bigger accessories.
- Balance is as important as proportion. The basic rule is basic outfits go well with bolder accessories. For instance, if you are wearing a tee shirt and jeans, they are best paired with a long necklace with sparkly pendant and a few bangles. In this case, your accessories will add a splash of interest to your plain look, thereby balancing everything.
- Don’t over-accessorize. Too much of a good thing can be really bad, especially when it comes to accessories. Therefore, exercise restraint when deciding on what accessories to wear. For instance, if you are already wearing statement earrings and a necklace, don’t wear a cocktail ring and bangles also. Keep your accessories up to two main pieces.
- Try to experiment on different materials. Some people believe that when you are wearing silver earrings, you should only wear a silver necklace or other accessories. But this is not entirely true. Don’t be afraid to mix metals when it comes to accessorizing. You will be surprised at the fabulous look you can come up with.
- Add some pop of colors into your outfit by wearing accessories. If you are wearing a plain-colored outfit especially white, black or grey, pop some color by wearing colored bangles or earrings matched with a colored scarf and a handbag. However, remember to keep the colors in the same family, such as cool colors as opposed to warm colors.
- Draw attention to your face with a large earring. If you are dressing up for a formal or casual occasion, statement earrings can always add an elegant look to your outfit.
- Long necklaces are trendy. If you like to project a leaner and taller look, wear long necklaces.
Accessorizing can be a little bit tricky. It can either enhance or destroy your looks. But you don’t need to hire a stylist just to be good at it. You can start by observing how well-dressed celebrities wear their accessories. From there, you could slowly incorporate your personal taste.